Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Media Brainwashing

People are so impressionable that its scary. I like how people say, "Oh advertising doesn't work, I don't buy things cuz I see it on tv," yet they don't realize that TV influences other parts of their lives. I've heard the following at least 4 times now and I couldn't stay quiet when I heard it today. This person in their mid 20s (my age, who will remain nameless) said "Bill Clinton is the best president in my lifetime." I said "Are you effing crazy? Bill Clinton was not a bad president, but to say he is better than Ronald Reagan (Reagan has had more electoral votes than any other president and won 49 out of 50 states during his reelection) is a slap in the face."

This prompted me to look on the net at polls of presidential rankings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_United_States_Presidents

All I can say is Phil 1 Anonymous Person 0.

2 comments:

Kelsey Ann said...

I am not a Clinton fan (Hillary or Bill), so your opinion bids well with me!
And whoever says that the media doesn't have an effect on them in any is oblivious to the truth! We are ALL affected by the media in one way or another. Whether it is the products we buy, the way we dress or the topics we discuss, we are greatly affected by this outlet! I wouldn't have let it go either!

Kelsey Ann said...

Oops...I meant 'in any way is,' not, 'in any is.'